By Sherry Strong, Food Philosopher
Try this luxurious, nutritious and flavourful curry today…you’ll look at cauliflower in a whole new way. Serve over brown basmati rice, a wild rice blend or quinoa.
- 2 Tbsp Earth’s Choice Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 large onion diced
- 2 inch piece ginger minced or finely grated
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced or finely grated
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin seeds
- 2 tsp ground coriander seeds
- 2 tsp garam marsala
- 2 tsp ground turmeric or 1 inch of freshly grated peeled turmeric
- light sprinkle or pinch of chili flakes
- 1 cup Earth’s Choice Diced Tomatoes
- 2 cups Earth’s Choice Garbanzo Beans, drained
- 1 small cauliflower, broken into florets
- 3 medium potatoes diced (“I’m quite fond of Sieglinde potatoes in this dish..”)
- 100 g Earth’s Choice Creamed Coconut
- 300 mL Earth’s Choice Coconut Milk Premium
- water to cover
- sea salt to taste
- 3 large handfuls of fresh spinach
Sauté onion in coconut oil until tender and translucent. Add garlic, ginger and fresh turmeric and lightly sauté until fragrant, about 2 minutes on low heat.
Add spices and sauté a minute longer, then incorprotae tomatoes, chickpeas, potato and cauliflower.
Add creamed coconut and coconut milk. Then dd just enough water to cover and simmer on low until the potato and cauliflower are tender.
Add sea salt to taste. remove from the heat, throw in spinach to just to wilt as you stir it in. (Use black kale or a blend of spinach and kale if you prefer).
Check out www.ReturntoFood.com to learn more about Sherry and why resolutions and diets don’t work. Find out what science and nature tells us in her food philosophy based on work with celebrities, elite athletes and Jamie Oliver’s Fifteen Foundation.