From the Earth’s Choice Kitchen
Is there anything better than homemade soup? The delicious and hearty soup is the perfect year-round meal. A piece of freshly baked sourdough bread… Throw in some fresh rosemary from your garden. Add some grated parmesan cheese to elevate this humble dish to a satisfying lunch. (Vegan-friendly)
- 1 medium white onion
- 1 large stalks celery
- 2 carrots
- 3 Tbsp Earth’s Choice Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 x 170g can Earth’s Choice Tomato Paste
- 1 x 398mL can Earth’s Choice No Salt Diced Tomatoes
- 2 x 398mL cans Earth’s Choice Red Kidney Beans
- 1 x 398mL can Earth’s Choice Great Northern Bean
- 1L water or stock if available or preferred
- 4 tsp Cape Herb & Spice – Italian Seasoning
- ½ tsp Fine black pepper
In a heavy bottom soup pot on medium heat, heat EVOO.
Heat diced carrot, onion, celery and peeled and chopped garlic approximately 15 minutes or until onions and garlic start brown. Add tomato paste and cook for 5 minutes, stirring regularly. Then add diced tomato and bring to a boil.
Simmer for 10 minutes and add all remaining ingredients including strained Red Kidney and Navy Beans, bringing to a boil. Then reduce heat to simmer gently for 20-30 minutes to allow flavors to develop. Stir regularly, check seasoning and adjust if desired.
Add freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano and extra drops of EVOO, if desired.