From the Earth’s Choice Kitchen
This Thai-inspired curry is simple to make and loaded with flavour. Add your favourite protein or keep it as a nutrient-packed vegan-friendly meal. Serve with quinoa as a rice substitute.
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3 Tbsp Earth’s Choice Virgin Coconut Oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 small bunch of green onions
- 1 x 398mL can Earth’s Choice No Salt Diced Tomatoes
- 2 x 400mL cans Earth’s Choice Coconut Milk Premium
- 1 x 398mL can Earth’s Choice Black Bean
- 1 x 398mL can Earth’s Choice Garbanzo Bean
- 2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lime or lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 L water or stock if available or preferred
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Cape Herb & Spice – Thai 7 Spice
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
In a heavy bottom soup pot, heat coconut oil on medium. Add seeded & diced red pepper and chop white sections of green onion and brown lightly. Reserve green sections of onion for later. Add peeled and minced garlic and sauté for a few minutes. Add ginger and coconut milk, bringing to a boil. Then reduce to a gentle simmer.
After about 5 minutes, add black & garbanzo beans (strained), tomatoes and Cape Herb & Spice – Thai 7 Spice. Simmer another 5 minutes add water and lemon/lime juice.
Bring to a boil once more and then reduce to a simmer, adding turmeric and continue simmering for 20 minutes. Check seasoning and adjust with salt to personal taste.
Finish with chopped green sections of green onion.