By Sherry Strong, Food Philosopher
Start with the fruit that is in season, particularly in summer. In the winter and autumn months you can always use apples and pears.
- 1 apple quartered (remove stem and core if you don’t have a high-powered blender),
- 1 kiwi fruit quartered (or pear)
- 1 tsp Earth’s Choice Virgin Coconut Oil
- 6 chopped leaves of black kale
- 1 packed cup of fresh spinach or any dark green leafy vegetable
- 1 medium sized cucumber
- Spring Water to cover
Optional: for extra protein, soak a tablespoon of chia seeds in half a cup of water the night before and add to your smoothie in the morning.
Blend all ingredients in a high powered blender. Drink right away but slowly.
Check out www.ReturntoFood.com to learn more about Sherry and why resolutions and diets don’t work. Find out what science and nature tells us in her food philosophy based on work with celebrities, elite athletes and Jamie Oliver’s Fifteen Foundation.